This is really a great fall dessert, especially served with fresh whipped cream!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cold butter, divided
- 4 tbsp ice water
- 8 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse 2 cups flour and the salt in a food processor just until blended. Add 1 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces. Pulse until mixture resembles small pea shapes. Add just enough water to form moist crumbs. Transfer mixture into a lightly sprayed 13×9 baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine sliced apples with 1 cup sugar and the cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon into baked crust. Place remaining flour, butter and sugar into the food processor; pulse until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle mixture over the apples.
- Bake 60-70 minutes, or until golden brown and apples are tender. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars and serve warm, or after being refrigerated.