- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water with a fork; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add sliced apples and walnuts; toss to fully coat.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll out a sheet of puff pastry to a 16×12-inch rectangle. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Pour the coated apple slices down the middle of the pastry. Using a sharp knife, cut slices 1-inch thick from the edge to about 1/2-inch from the apples. Starting at one end, fold the strips across like a braid. Tuck the end strips under. Using a pastry brush, brush the top and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour before slicing.