- 1 pkg Wonton wrappers
- 1 lb HOT spicy bulk sausage
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 4-6 Shitake mushrooms, diced small
- 1/2 green pepper, diced small
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded and divided
- 5 strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini-muffin pan with baking spray. Press 1 wonton wrapper into each muffin cup, pressing carefully to the bottom and sides of each cup without tearing the wrap. Use the baking spray to spray each completed wonton cup. Bake 5-7 minutes to allow wonton cup to set up shape without burning the edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage and bacon. Add in the onion, mushrooms and pepper and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender; drain off any remaining liquids.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and heavy cream until smooth. Beat in the eggs, and then fold in 1 cup of the shredded cheese and the sausage mixture. Spoon enough mixture into each wonton cup to fill to the top of each. Sprinkle the remaining cheese onto each wonton cup.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.