A few weeks ago we went to meet up with some of Randy’s college friends, at a friend of a friend’s house! She served several very good appetizers, one of which was a rich and bold tasting bleu cheese dip with crudites and chips. I ate it by the spoonful! I now have it in my refrigerator, ready for my favorite wedge salad or some celery and carrots. It’s so good.
- 7 oz Fage Greek yogurt
- 4 oz sharpe gorganzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5-7 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients, except the chives, in a food processor. Pulse 12-15 times, until it’s somewhat smooth, but it may have some small chunks. Add the chives, pulse 4-5 more times.
- Transfer mixture to a covered container; refrigerate 2-4 hours before serving.