Serve this up as a side dish or even a main dish! It’s cheesy goodness will be appreciated by everyone.
Yesterday I told you about a really good side dish that we had for Easter dinner. This was a new recipe for Susan to try and I think everyone who sat around that table would agree … it was gooooooooood! Here’s the recipe.
- 5 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (4 oz) cheddar cheese-shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese – grated
- 5 cups potatoes – peeled and sliced thinly (prefer Yukon Gold)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare casserole with a spray or butter – bottom and sides.
- In a saucepan, melt 4 tbsp butter over low heat. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk; stirring to incorporate. Continue to stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt and cheeses until melted. Add potatoes; stir gently to mix. Transfer to your prepared casserole.
- Melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.