Always a stand by at our house … this bar is easy to make, stores well and melts in your mouth with sweet chocolate. But I can’t forget about the nutty oatmeal taste! Oatmeal in anything baked is a GOOD thing!
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp butter-softened (divided)
- 2 cups brown sugar-packed
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract (divided)
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups Quick oats
- 1 1/2 tsp salt-divided
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts-chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10×15 baking pan; set aside
- Using a large mixing bowl, cream 1 cup butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, 1 tsp salt and baking soda. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Press 2/3 of mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tbsp butter. Stir until melted and smooth. Add 2 tsp vanilla extract and nuts-stir well to combine. Pour out onto crust. Sprinkle/pat remaining oat mixture over the top of the chocolate.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly brown. Do NOT over bake.