Here’s another “found” recipe that everyone has to try. In fact, eating one of these gave me an “OMG” moment. The only reason I tried these was because of a request from our friend Barbara. She needed a dessert to take to a luncheon and I thought why not try a new recipe. When they came out of the pan though, Barbara was here and we both tried a small piece to taste test. And there was the “OMG” moment I was telling you about! These brownies are so moist and rich with melting chocolate and coconut. So good …. make these yourself and let me know what you think.
- 6 oz semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Coconut Swirl Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese-softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9-inch square pan with foil, leaving 1 inch of foil overhanging on two opposite sides of pan, spray foil with baking spray.
- In a 3-qt saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups granulated sugar, vanilla and salt. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, stirring with whisk until blended. Stir in flour until blended. Spread batter in pan.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, or until fluffy . Beat in coconut extract and 1 egg until blended. Stir in coconut. Drop mixture by table-spoonfuls onto batter; swirl coconut mixture through brownie batter with knife for a marbled design.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until set. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 2 hours. Use foil to lift out of pan. Store in refrigerator.