Recently I came upon a recipe that was perfect for an easy to prepare muffin. And I have already found it to be very versatile so I can add and take-away as my tastes change. So, let me first give you the basic recipe and then I’ll add some of Kevin’s alternatives for you to try yourself.
- 1 cup butter or margarine – softened
- 1 cups sour cream
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- Baking spray
Alternatives to add:
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese, or
- 1 tsp dried parsley, or
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a mini-muffin pan, or you can use a regular muffin pan.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sour cream together. If you choose to add an alternative, now is the time to add it. I used the cheese so I added it and mixed it to fully incorporate. Add flour and mix enough to fully incorporate, but do not over mix.
- Drop by large spoonfuls into prepared muffin pan. Bake 12-14 minutes – tops should be golden brown. Note: if using a regular muffin pan bake 22-24 minutes.