Our wonderful friend Laurie was here for the weekend, and since Colorado peaches are in season, I had to try out her mothers recipe for this fresh fruit pie. I love peaches any way I can have them, and you have to try this winning recipe!
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 heaping tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place a prepared pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan. Crimp the edges and use a fork to poke a few holes in the bottom of the crust. Bake 7-8 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Set aside.
- Prepare the peaches; set aside. In a separate bowl, stir together egg yolks and vanilla; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together cornstarch and milk; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar and cream. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Add the cornstarch mixture and bring back to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 2-3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in the beaten egg mixture.
- Arrange sliced peaches on the bottom of the pie. Pour the custard mixture over the peaches, spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving with fresh whipped cream.