A delicious, melt in your mouth, dessert that is great served warm or cold with a nice spoonful of fresh whipped cream!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 medium sized peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in the middle.
- For the topping: Place melted butter and brown sugar in the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan. Toss peaches in lemon juice and arrange over the brown sugar mixture. Add raspberries by gently poking them into the brown sugar – arranged in any manner you wish.
- For the cake: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add softened butter, milk, eggs and almond extract and beat on low speed until thoroughly combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Pour batter over the fruit.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until deep golden brown and cake springs back when touched lightly. Cool the cake 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. You must remove the cake when still warm so the topping comes out easily. You may want to loosen the edges of the cake before inverting.