I just tried these and we are addicted already! These are very rich, so cut them small and share with friends.
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Freshly grated nutmeg and/or chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease or spray a 13×9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers, 1/3 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed just until combined. Beat in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt on low speed just until combined. Transfer 1 1/4 cups of this mixture into a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir the 6 ounces chocolate and 2 tbsp butter over medium heat until melted. Stir chocolate mixture into the 1 1/4 cups pumpkin mixture. Pour this over the crust, spreading evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully pour the remaining pumpkin mixture over the baked chocolate layer, spreading evenly. Bake 40-45 minutes more or until filling is puffed and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Gently spread sour cream mixture over uncut bars. Cool completely. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before cutting and serving. Makes 24-36 bars.