This is probably the best pumpkin bread I’ve ever found. It’s moist and has that hint of citrus. I used pumpkin that I had roasted, blended and froze last fall during the fall harvest, but right from the can works just fine.
- 15 oz Pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 3/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 5 oz Crushed Pineapple-drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 bread pans or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, pineapple and sugar.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 55-65 minutes, or until pick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to fully cool.
- This bread freezes very well.