Here is a new appetizer that I tried over the holidays. It’s easy to prepare and has a rich, creamy flavor that is not overpowered by the salmon. I served it on a bread round with a slice of cucumber and a dill sprig. It was equally good on a butter cracker. Another value add to this recipe is it refrigerates well so you can easily keep it a couple of days, that is if there is any leftover!
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp prepared HorseRadish
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 oz. smoked Salmon, skin removed and chopped fine
- In a medium sized bowl and using a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Serve on bread rounds, butter crackers or crudites.