This is a flavorful favorite of our holiday cookie trays.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- powdered sugar
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix flour, superfine sugar and salt on low speed until combined. Add butter, one piece at a time until crumbly, 1-2 minutes total. Add cream cheese and vanilla and beat until mixture begins to form clumps, about 30 seconds. Knead dough by hand, just until it forms a cohesive mass. Divide dough in half, form into two disks, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll out one disk to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 1 3/4-inch round or square cutout, cut dough and place on prepared baking sheet. Use scraps to roll again to complete. Bake 10 minutes, rotating baking sheet in oven halfway through the bake cycle. Let cool 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Microwave dulce de leech in bowl on medium heat for 20 seconds. Stir in sea salt. Spread on flat side of one cookie; top with another half. Dust cookies with powdered sugar before serving.