This is a rich chocolate cookie with a twist …. Sambuca Black Liqueur giving it a slight black licorice flavor.
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Samba Black liqueur
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate and butter and cool slightly. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, Samba and 1/2 cup sugar. Add chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in almonds, flour and baking soda until combined; dough will be soft and sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bow, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and powdered sugar.
- With slightly wet fingers, roll a teaspoon of dough in your hands, then roll ball in sugar mixture. Place cookies 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, until cookie is puffed, cracked and just set. Remove from oven and cool completely on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.