I received a request today from my friend Pam over in St. Paul. She was looking for a recipe for strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing. I just happened to have a really good one that is refreshing, healthy and it taste really good. Here is my recipe and directions.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries-hulled and sliced
- 6 strips of bacon-browned and crumbled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp onion-minced
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Cider vinegar
- Wash spinach and spin dry
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble. (I use a baking sheet with a wire rack to roast the bacon. It is quick and doesn’t create a splatter mess all over the cooktop)
- Place spinach and sliced strawberries in a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine sugar, paprika, sesame and poppy seeds, onion and Worcestershire sauce. With the blender running, add oil and vinegar in a steady stream. Blend until thickened.
- Pour dressing over the spinach and strawberries. Toss to fully coat. Add crumbled bacon and serve immediately.