Nothing is better than a warm bowl of home soup when the temperature outside is freezing cold. This is my twist on a chili recipe that we really have come to love.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 1 lb ground white chicken
- 1/2 lb spicy turkey or chicken sausage
- 28-32 oz chicken broth
- 2 cans Cannellini beans
- 1 can Great Northern beans
- 1 can Bush’s Best Chili beans (Pinto)
- 1 (4 oz can) chopped green chili’s
- 1 tbsp ground Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground Red Pepper
- Pepper Jack cheese, shredded for topping
- Sour Cream, for topping
- Frito’s, for topping
- Saute onions until translucent, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker. In the same pan, brown ground chicken and sausage. When brown, transfer to slow cooker with onions.
- To the slow cooker, add broth, beans-do not drain, green chili, and spices. Mix well, cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve hot with shredded cheese, sour cream and Frito’s as toppings.